Our Practice Areas
How Our Miami Litigation Attorney Counsels Investors, Consumers and Employees
Defrauded investors, victimized consumers, whistleblowers and wronged employees will find that Matthew Seth Sarelson, P.A. sets a new standard by maintaining an atmosphere of trust. Dedicated litigator Matthew Seth Sarelson values discretion and confidentiality, and his passion for the law and quality work product prompted Super Lawyers Magazine to select him as a Florida Rising Star in 2009, 2010 and 2011, an honor bestowed upon no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state.
- Misallocation of funds
- Nondisclosure of risky investments
- Nondisclosure of conflicts of interest
- Violating fiduciary duties
Our firm stood up for investors by filing a $50 million class action suit against Paragon Properties of Costa Rica, initiating a nationwide fraud and racketeering lawsuit involving 30 defendants.
Investors who believe they are victims of securities fraud can contact our firm’s aggressive Miami litigation attorney for a case evaluation, and to find out how he can put his critical thinking and drafting skills to work for them. We also provide counsel during shareholder and partnership disputes.
Consumers can bring litigation against:
- Telecommunications and utilities companies who charge for unauthorized services and fees
- Entities who misappropriate, steal or negligently disclose personal information, resulting in identity theft
- Insurance companies engaged in fraud, including bad faith claims
- Corporations using deceptive and unfair trade practices
- Credit card companies and financial service providers who violate the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA)
By using the Internet and other electronic technology in our practice for both research and communication, we are better able to recognize and understand the risks such technology poses to consumers in terms of identity theft. In fact, our firm filed some of the first FACTA lawsuits against online merchants.
Matthew Seth Sarelson, P.A. has extensive litigation experience with employment law issues, including:
- Workplace discrimination. Our firm notably obtained a favorable settlement in a racial discrimination and retaliation lawsuit filed against the Public Health Trust of Miami-Dade County on behalf of a cardiac technician.
- Wage & hour disputes. We successfully settled a multi-plaintiff overtime lawsuit on behalf of a small business owner, negotiating a settlement in which the plaintiffs, who sought nearly $200,000 in damages, would recover only $2,000 each.
- Executive compensation and contract disputes
- Whistleblower law. Our litigators pursue actions under the Whistleblower Act and fight for compensation and/or reinstatement when an employer wrongfully terminates or retaliates against a whistleblower. In fact, we obtained a groundbreaking Florida judgment in a whistleblower case involving an employee terminated by a foreign airline for reporting widespread safety violations.